Thursday, August 23, 2007

I am okay, just a little emotional

I don't have any Typhoid or Malaria according to the blood test. The Malaria sometimes doesn't show on the test, but I don't have a fever and I am feeling great today so praise God for that.

"Jesus Wept"- The Bible

The second shortest verse in the Bible says that "Jesus wept". I admit I was listening to a nostalgic CD as I read the true stories of a man living on the street as a homeless guy, but I too wept today. I started thinking about this man in my book called "My 30 days under the overpass" that I just started today. I realized how many homeless people I have passed and didn't go the extra mile for in my own country. I felt deep sorrow for all the good I could have done with some of my homeless friends there in SLO, but didn't. I then was thinking about all the boys that I spent time with today. I was thinking about the ones pulling on my shirt as they looked down at their empty bellies. I was thinking about Kenedy who is repeatedly molested at night by the older boys. I was thinking about my impromtu drug lesson on sniffing glue as I made gun motions at my temple. I was thinking about how many people don't care about these poor, starving orphans here in this city. I was thinking about Ben who came to the streets when he was 5 and is now 20. I was thinking about Franco who wants to be a professional football player. I was thinking about Abel who wanted to be an engineer, but ran out of money after high-school. I was thinking about how rich I am. I was thinking about how full my stomach got tonight at my nice wood table covered in a nice red cloth. I was thinking about a glue bottle stuck to the nose of a seven year old boy. I was thinking about Victor getting beaten and chased my the police last night. I was thinking about Jesus coming back to set this world straight. As I was thinking, I just wept. Steve wept today.

The Bible says that Jesus is coming back. If you are a Christian you should want nothing more than that to happen today in your life. Make sure that is your chief hope today. If you aren't a Christian I would recommend reading the book of Mathew in the New Testament and learning about what this Jesus said and did and claimed to be. He is alive and real and wants to do wonderful things in your life. I love you all my friends. I will be back in San Luis Obispo on September 11th in case you were wondering. I will fly into LA on the 10th if anybody wants to grab lunch. Have a great day today.

No comments: